YELENA, pronounced as /yē•li•nä/, didn't just come out of nowhere— it was born out of the founders’ love for Study Series by Maria V. Snyder. To quote from the book review of Mhyra:
"She is strong, matured, sensible and smart."
Read the full review here.
HOW IT STARTED
The overwhelming result of their first collection poked their impulses and off they went to a flight to Jakarta, Indonesia for their second collection, a preparation for the Ramadhan. Likewise, it was as successful as the first. They also brought products from Malaysia and Hong Kong on their respective trips.
MEET THE WOMEN BEHIND YELENA
Yelena's Photographer, Graphic Designer, Video Editor, and Web Designer
Mhyra graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration Major in Finance from Xavier University and a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy from Pilgrim Christian College. She was working as an Accountant/Consultant in Tokyo Consulting Firm when she decided to venture on an online business. Currently, she is working as an Auditor in Commission on Audit while co-managing Yelena.
Yelena's Director, Stylist, Sales and Inventory Manager, Marketer
Anna is a graduate of Xavier University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Language and Literature. She was previously an Executive Assistant in a government office before she enrolled again to pursue her dream of becoming a lawyer. She came from a family of entrepreneurs, thus, it is no surprise that she follows their entrepreneurial spirit while juggling academics and running a business.
Good friends since 2008 and became "Besties" on their college days in XU, here are some of the things they have in common:
- Both love to read—this is how they came out of the brand YELENA. They love the fictional heroine of a series by Maria V. Snyder.
- Both love to travel, spontaneously or not. They can both be very detailed on their itinerary or be impulsive in buying flight tickets, going on road trips or bus rides to anywhere.
- Both Foodies—their respective weights can attest to that. Haha! They are both willing to travel far just to EAT and on their trips abroad, the usual checklist they have is “Must Try Food/Restaurants”. And they both go for anything spicy, always.
- Both love sunrise. They can go an extra mile just to watch and chase the sunrise.
- Both are generous when it comes to pasalubongs.
- Both are hot-tempered. Astaghfirullah. We are working on it, Bellas!
With high hopes of continuous support, we thank our families and friends for encouraging and believing in us. Of course, a never-ending thank you also goes for our Bellas— we will not make this far, we will not be as eager and passionate as now, and we will not strive hard to improve without your belief and support.